I am a writer and editor, and the author of Caravaggio’s Dagger, an examination of a pursuit of right action (Iguana Books, 2013). I work equally, on a project basis, as a specialist in local government.
Consulting, writing, seminar, and editorial fees depend on the nature of the project; please inquire through email@example.com. Although my home base is Edmonton, the capital of the province of Alberta, I have worked throughout Canada, and in the United States, Europe, and Africa, and am available for both Canadian and international projects. I am a citizen of both Canada and the European Union.
My life-long involvement and commitments extend across:
- executive management of local government and heritage institutions,
- board directorships in community development,
- senior management in higher education,
- corporate appointments in project management, information technology, human resources, compensation, and training at transnationals,
- accreditation as an award-winning Certified International Trade Professional (CITP),
- extensive participation in cultural and artistic organizations, and
- my activities as a professional writer, columnist, and editor.
I am the co-founder of the partnership, Falstaff Enterprises, which, since 1991, has promoted my writing, editing, delivery of workshops and seminars, my teaching of international trade, and my consultative work in local government and heritage preservation.
My essential interests reside in culture as the manifestation, foundation, and identity of societies. My preoccupation is the nature of men, particularly how this nature creates humankind’s cultures and societies, and how, through their actions right and wrong, human beings choose to express good and evil; and how this antithesis of good and evil lodges itself in the paradox of the simultaneous presence of human pain and earthly beauty.
By a design that I have been fortunate to be able to create, I have lived and worked in Canada’s six largest cities—Ottawa, Montréal, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver—, many of the country’s smaller communities, and all regions of Canada except the far north. I have travelled extensively throughout Canada, some years in excess of 100,000 kilometres. I have as well travelled and worked in the United States, in 37 of the states; Europe, in 11 of its nations; and, Africa, in 5 of its countries.
Click here for the experiences that have been of the most value and interest to me.
A detailed biography is available here.