I am a writer, editor, and workshop facilitator; the author of Caravaggio’s Dagger, an examination of a pursuit of right action (Iguana Books, 2013); and a specialist in executive management of local government and cultural organizations.
I am the co-founder and managing partner of a private partnership, Falstaff Enterprises, which, since 1991, has promoted my writing and editing, my delivery of workshops and seminars, my work in the teaching of international trade, and my consultative work in local government and heritage preservation. Inquiries are welcomed to discuss projects, fees, and availability.
My writer’s subject areas are:
- local government, and
- heritage preservation.
My essential interests reside in culture as the manifestation, foundation, and identity of societies. My preoccupation is the nature of men, particularly how this nature creates humankind’s cultures and societies, and how, through their actions right and wrong, human beings choose to express good and evil; and how this antithesis of good and evil lodges itself in the paradox of the simultaneous presence of human pain and earthly beauty.
My life-long involvement and commitments extend across:
- executive management of local government and heritage institutions,
- board directorships in community development,
- senior management in higher education,
- corporate appointments in project management, information technology, human resources, compensation, and training at transnationals,
- accreditation as an award-winning Certified International Trade Professional (CITP),
- extensive participation in cultural and artistic organizations, and
- my activities as a professional writer, columnist, and editor.
By a design that I have been fortunate to be able to create, I have lived and worked in Canada’s six largest cities—Ottawa, Montréal, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver—, many of the country’s smaller communities, and all regions of Canada except the far north. I have travelled extensively throughout Canada, some years in excess of 100,000 kilometres. I have as well travelled and worked in the United States, in 37 of the states; Europe, in 11 of its nations; and, Africa, in 5 of its countries.
Click here for the experiences that have been of the most value and interest to me.
A detailed biography is available here.